Monday, October 13, 2008

Who DOESN'T Like Whale Noises?

So the toybox rummaging this morning wasn't just fun bonding for Matthew and me.

It was a master plan for miss Rachel and napping and more of them more consistently.

She's great at night, but only pretty good to okay during the day. There's a lot of "Okay, I'm off to slee...HA HA, gotcha! Now pick me up and hold me for the next hour and a half. I'll keep pretending to drift off, but don't think I'm down because ... GOTCHA AGAIN!"

This morning, I was on a mission for a BFF I haven't seen since Matthew's late stages of babyhood. Behold, the Sleep Sheep.


This was my go to sleep move for Matthew. This was attached to his crib or bassinet or Pack n Play pretty much every day since birth - and every where we went. He seemed to be addicted to the whale noise setting when he went night night.

It was probably more like WE were addicted to FEELING that we had a routine. "Oh, did you pack the sheep? Well, he's GOTTA have his sheelp..." But whatever, we used this thing to death, it seemed to work, and I have in turn provided this to multiple other new mommies as gifts in the last couple years. But hadn't dug it out for little girl baby just yet.

SO - just switched the whales on for Rachel and attached it to the Pack n Play. At first, she actually did go right to sleep. Now I hear her hiccuping in the Pack n Play but the key is, not crying. Just taking in the soft chatter of whales. Fine by me, cuz here I am getting to type.

Sleep Sheep, we still got it.

3 comments:

erindelanty said...

omg (sometimes i'm a 14 year old girl) but seriously, oh my god, that is an awesome picture. i love the depth of field and the blur. totally awesome. i'd frame that puppy for sure.

ps - that's totally how i feel about the rainforest sound maker. couldn't live without it!

Aimee said...

Umm, you know that's not mine right? Google images thanks you tho...

erindelanty said...

oh sh!t - no i couldn't really make out the baby, so i just thought it was - there was dark hair. i feel pretty stupid now tho.

maybe you should frame it anyway and pretend like it's yours. (and rachel)