Friday, October 17, 2008

Husbands v. Wives, Part 1

Me: Honey, where are Matthew's diaper pail bags?
Him (from down the hall in Rachel's room): I don't know.
Me: But, um, you change these each week for the garbage. Do you remember taking the last one? (Looking through every drawer and his closet) I don't see them in here.
Him: I don't remember.
Me: I don't understand..how do you just NOT remember? Sometimes I worry about your brain.
Him (rustling around in Rachel's room): Well, last time I saw them, they were in here.
Me (exasperated look): Okay, well, that answers my original question of, "do you remember where they are" then...
Him (still rustling): Yeah, but I don't SEE them...
Me (walking down hallway, open top drawer, reach inside...pull out giant roll of bags within 1.4 seconds): Here they are.

Do they just BUILD us with a magnetic compass inside for lost stuff, or what?

Or rather, do they just build THEM with an extra low level of sight and touch? Because how can we look at the same drawer and he DOESN'T SEE IT?

GO WIVES - the world's finders.

2 comments:

Kate said...

So true! I am always telling Tim that he's a "bad looker". He's ALWAYS asking where things are. Things that are right in front of him. Me: "Did you look?" Him: "Yeah, I didn't see it" Me: "Did you REALLY look?" Then I walk over and immediately see the item in question.

????

Me? A Mom? said...

oh goodie! Does this mean there will be a part 2 and 3? I could read these kind of posts all day.