Monday, October 13, 2008

Ahhhhhh

Today is one of those mommy days that just works. The baby is napping in the swing - for the second time today. And more importantly, the toddler is napping in his new big boy bed. And not only did he actually GO into it at naptime, but he STAYED in it and is STILL in it and there were no tears involved ("Got some tears, mommy. Got some MESSIES!")

Sure, I've been up since 5:20 a.m. but in mommy standards, that's practically noon, given she slept through from about 10 p.m.!

Got a few minutes to chat with the husband this morning. The Boy slept until 7 a.m. giving me time to feed the baby, get her to sleep, drink two cups of coffee, catch a few snippets of news.

Today we've done puzzles. Eaten breakfast AND lunch. Played as a FAMILY, watching baby Rachel do tummy time while Matthew alternately watched her and snuggled and kissed her, then moved to go through her toychest of his old stuffed animals. We found his old sleep sheep, I explained how it made heartbeat and whale noises babies liked, and then we fed it lunch in his high chair.

I washed baby bottles. I went through part of the giant stack of mail. I filled out her insurance form. And now I'm blogging. And I even read a couple, too. Clearly, I am on FIRE.

And clearly, this means these kids will take me DOWN at some point this week.

Because I figured out real quickly this two kid stuff works as follows: great day, crap day, okay day. Lather, rinse, repeat. But not today. Today's a Good Day.

Okay, wait. So from time I started typing this little bragfest, I hear my little girl's "eh eh EHHHH" which of course means, "Mommy, haven't we talked before about what I MUST do whenever you type that I'm being good? I. Must. Meltdown."

Gotta go!

No comments: