Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Sleeping Beauty

Monday night we enjoyed the singular experience that can drop young (yes I'm still labeling myself young) parents to their knees: Matthew didn't sleep all night.

He went to bed fine - which is saying something, it's a semi nightly power struggle. But then it was, "I have boogies." "Turn my music back on." And finally then just "WAHHHHHHH!!!"

Over an hour later, I asked Mike to come home from his "having a quick beer" night out. Because when one kid would get settled, the other needed her paci. When she was drifting off, Matthew suddenly MUST have me put his blanket back on. Momma wasn't able (or willing) to keep up alone.

So Mike hustled home, to which Matthew first said "You're home with Mommy now?" and we thought, ah yes, that was the problem. Now we're okay. Buttt...we weren't, he wasn't, and six hours later, we were both losing our sh^t.

I'm happy to report that its good I waited to post this, because I'm sitting on the other side of 11 hours of SLEEP - Matthew's - and about 7-8 hours of ours - from last night.

So what HAPPENED, Mommies? (Erin, I know Bridget had us guessing this same thing that night she didn't sleep ...) Was it the stuffy nose? Impending cold front? Or just his uncanny knowledge that Daddy had a night out planned, followed by Mommy's the next night (which was since cancelled given I really can't whoop it up on 1.7 hours of sleep)?

Or is this just LIFE WITH KIDS?
Wait, don't answer that.

2 comments:

erindelanty said...

I wish I knew - that was the worst and such a miserable feeling! You just keep thinking "they have to sleep, this will end" and then it doesn't!

Unknown said...

What...dare I ask...is a "boogie?" is it what I think it is? Kids are gross...