Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Think Back...

Dear readers, at the end of your pregancies, were you guys constantly...
  • Thinking every Braxton Hicks might be it?
  • Praying for your water to break, even in some embarrassing at work/shopping mall scenario, because at least it would be broken? And really, clean up is not your problem, so ...
  • Constantly on watch for the, er, mucus plug? Still have no concept of what this is and suspect I'd be terrified/burst into tears upon seeing anything like it. But still anxiously awaiting it all the same because it spells an end to this 9 months project of mine.
  • Dreaming about going into labor? Pissed when you wake up?
  • OVER people asking you how long, commenting on your belly size (too big or too small), asking "How are you feeee-ling?" with a pinched, pitying look as though you're missing an arm? (and p.s. how do you THINK I am feeling, I have 40 lbs of fat, fluid and baby packed onto me. I am not exactly feeling like a pretty princess..)
  • Oh yeah, did any of you turn into giant Biyatches like I apparently have?
  • And finally, were you so over positioning pillows under belly/legs in a complex mathematical equation designed to relieve various types of body pain? And even though it barely helps, repeat this exercise 108 times a night waking up dogs and spouse? And oh groan a lot JUST in case anyone doesn't hear the thrashing?

Also I have a question about suitcases. Did you guys really have these ready?

Because I mean, I can kind of pack but half the stuff I still use, so what's the point of putting it in and out of a bag every day? And really, what would be the fun in being prepared anyway? Last time Mike had to pack mine. And I still treasure those pics of me in the atrocious going home outfit he picked for me. Who says a gray and blue "chili cook off champion" t-shirt doesn't go with giant black pants and 30 extra lbs. as a trendy new mom look? And the complete lack of nursing bras - and underwear - in the bag, well, that just kept life spicy. Ah, memories.

2 comments:

Sarah Guckes said...

I feel for you sister. I remember that from a few months ago - just hoping I'd see that stupid plug and thinking every morning - this could be the day!! And then crying at night b/c it wasn't the day. So when I went in thinking I was leaking...was I really? Not sure but it got me in the door to the hospital and they let me stay. Woo-hoo!

erindelanty said...

too funny! i also HATED "the question"... i know there's nothing else to ask, but god i hated the question...

also, i knew the exact date and TIME and if you guessed that i packed 45 minutes before heading to the hospital you would be correct. (except for the all-important snacks i had sitting by the door in case of an early arrival - i mean i have priorities, people).