Saturday, August 23, 2008

Superstitious

When you're this pregnant and dying to be done, everything seems like a sign.

Earlier this week, I completed a big proposal Tue. and completed my Fantasy Football draft. NOW SHE CAN COME!

The next day I completed a big project and got my haircut. NOW, SHE CAN COME!

Last night we ate dinner at Ruby Tuesday, where EEJ ate before Shane. We then came home and found The Departed on TV which for some reason I had told Mike I wanted to buy on DVD for the hospital stay. Talked to my mom in law who said she had thought I might have the baby tonight. And all week, my mom had emailed me not to have the baby but after Fri. night it was okay because she doesn't have any more work shifts scheduled, having cleared her calendar so she can come in to help us out next week.

It was sign after sign! NOW, SURELY, SHE CAN COME!

Yet here I sit. At home. Stuffed full of baby still.

What sort of sign does this kid need that it is symbolically appropriate for her to come out?

Maybe I should text or IM or DM her in utero? "U r late, come out, we luv you but u r crazy already! j/k, come out soon, xoxo, mom."

1 comment:

Sarah Guckes said...

Let me know if that text to Baby M works...you might be able to market that secret and make some dough...