Sunday, March 30, 2008

Clothes Horse

Ha ha! Not that I feel like a horse (yet) but in anticipation of getting there soon, I bought my first two pieces of maternity clothing this week.

A black peasant style t-shirt from Target - and a pair of designer jeans that were SO not from Target.

The combined total is $120. I'd prefer not to give data on the split - but we all know Tarjay don't sell no $50 shirts so you can imagine the jeans were quite a splurge.

SOMEONE who shall rename nameless (but who might be a mommy to a daughter named Bridget) is to blame for making me even contemplate such high priced maternity wear as these jeans I purchased yesterday.

But really REALLY, don't judge until you try. They actually make me look good. They fit SO much better than any pair of jeans I had last time. They have this really thin, really soft and - if you don't mind it going up to your boobs - comfy.

But I will say - despite their physics-defying ability to make me look normal - even cute - in present condition ... they still get that saggy preggo butt - albeit to a less degree - 5 or 6 hours into wearing them.

I plan on washing them constantly and wearing them every night and weekend. Because I sure can't buy 2 pairs. AND, they will be the only expensive item I buy - no weddings coming up. AND, I don't plan to buy much new clothes at all. I am still hoping to borrow some, but also to hit resale shops.

To keep me honest - in the spirit of WW Points tracking - I will be logging purchases at right. Since half of you polled spent a few hundred bones and the other half might have hit four figures, I am figuring something in the middle seems appropriate - so I am aiming for $400.

Considering I'm wearing about 21% of that budget right now, that's an aggressive goal. But if I stick to clearance and sales ... use my Bella band to squeeze into normal clothes another month or two ... and swallow my pride to make use out of the now-too-big-but-probably-still-usable-clothes from Matthew's pregnancy ... I think I can do it.

And I really want to - because every dime I don't spend on maternity clothes can be pumped into (a) furniture for new house (b) cute baby crap I don't need but will be desperately trying to justify purchasing for #2 and (c) clothes for post-baby me when God willing, I lose this weight again next winter.

1 comment:

erindelanty said...

you know someone else with a daughter named bridget? that's so weird! ;) seriously, though, way to go sister! it makes all the difference, doesn't it?

i'll go through everything before the big garage sale weekend and fill you up with as much hand me down (or hand me back) maternity gear i possibly can to help offset!