Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Let the Games Begin

Up through yesterday's doctor appointment, I coudl truthfully tell her I was not feeling swelled or puffy.

And then yesterday and today happened. And my little cankles must have caught the buss over, wandered up the street, let themselves in and just plopped right down above my feet.

Oh Lord, just keep it manageable. I swear I cannot bring myself to wear flip flops to work.

I can wear the same preggo pants twice in the week, I can groan publicly when I stand up in meetings. I can annoy coworkers with a constant stream of "and then I have this appt and then this one and this one and then I gotta leave early AGAIN..."

But don't make me bust out the flip flops. My feet are far too ugly, and our interns wearning trendy pointy toed shoes are far too trendy, and my self image is far too shaky at month 7 and counting.

No comments: