Thursday, June 12, 2008

Birdies for Baby

After much deliberation, I've chosen a nursery set for baby girl Muldrow. I can't possibly just post it without first sharing my nursery decoration thought process. I will spare you the behind the scenes uber Google trail and just focus on the front runners.


I considered Pottery barn simple and sweet yet sophisticated:




I also looked at Pottery Barn's nod to whimsy, the Penelope bird set.





But in the end, I settled on a nice, economical, and I think, oh so sweet set. Just $150 for a six piece bag o' birdies ... I chose this Birdsong, by Kidsline.



Now, I ordered a lot less than what you see here, so try to imagine it NOT looking like Birdsong threw up all over the nursery. I did go a bit overboard on the "little touches" like ordering the nightlight, switch plate cover, picture frame and lamp. And little basket. And mobile (duh - it's BIRDIES, did you SEE IT?).

It's even cuter in person than the picture - all the parts that look white, are actually sweet light pink. I have died and gone to over the top little girl heaven.

Miracle of miracles, I ordered this Sunday night like, after 10 p.m. And it arrived at my doorstep - free shipping, mind you - about 3 p.m. on Tuesday, when I just happened to be home taking a doctotr "suggested" day off. Thank you, BabySuperMall.com.

By 5 p.m., that little babies room didn't know what hit it. I will post pictures of that once I paint. The walls are stark white now, so all this pink looks a bit much. But once I soften the walls, I think it will be SOOOO cute and the only thing missing will be screechy crazy little person to deposit in it each night.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I love it! It's perfect! I'm also realizing how jealous I am that you get to do a girls room!