Friday, January 9, 2009

Tag Nag

Ok. OKAY. Not only am I gonna play the Facebook tag game. But the one zillionith mention of FB has just made me setup my damn profile. Happy? There goes the remaining tiny amount of sleep I was getting!

And, here goes my "25 fascinating things about me" list - sleep deprived style...


1) I was born in New Zealand, and had dual citizenship until I was 18. Yet I have only seen those N.Z. family members three times (Grama) once (uncle) and nonce (uncle, Grampa who passed away). It never seemed weird growing up.

2) I was a national merit scholar, I had a good GPA, I was a good test taker ... and I'm still childishly proud of all that.

3) I'd bite my nails any time - in public, business meetings, probably a job interview.

4) I rarely lie, I've never shoplifted and I don't cheat. I am a girl scout.

5) I have the biggest feet of any girl I know - 10's (probably more if I let 'em). Also I've never owned boots, ever, because of a lil thing I call cankles.

6) I get jealous of friendships easily, but I'm not competitive with my girlfriends in other areas of life because I think someone else being strong does not make me weak.

8) My parents told me once I should be a stand up comic and while I laughed, I secretly believed that was my calling.

9) Having my son shook my whole life to the core where I feel embarrassed that I had so much trouble returning to work compared to other moms I know.

10) I loved Laura Ingalls books to death and reread them for years. I had very serious feelings for the TV "Almanzo."

11) I second guess my decisions constantly.

12) I realize exactly how loud I talk yet most times I just forget (too bad for you, Lisa W, with the whole shared wall and all).

13) Sometimes when I appear unsympathetic, it's really because I'm so upset or emotional about what you're telling me that I don't know what to do for you so I turn kind of, well, off.

14) My husband has a nickname for me that is too embarrassing to tell anyone much less post here...yet I know he genuinely thinks of it as a term of endearment.

15) I love biscuits and gravy like, crazy love.

16) I question liberalism, but could not ever be a conservative.

17) I've been to Rio de Janeiro and while cool, eh, I'd rather do a Destin condo with beer, cooler, babies and friends.

18) I am not certain yet or not if I'm doing now what I'll do for the rest of my career - but for the first time I like my job and that feels like a miracle.

19) I can do a decent impersonation of a lot of people. Maybe YOU.

20) Running a half marathon and getting my MBA are two goals for my 40s.

21) I am closer to my friends than most of my family and yes, that bothers me sometimes.

22) I have an awful throw up reflex. If I do it once, forget it - it'll be 20 times until I'm about dead. New Year's was ... unpleasant.

23) I boss my husband around in public, but his opinion carries the most weight on many many decisions around our house.

24) I draw well - give me a B&W photo of your kid, I'll draw him up good.

25) I am apparently not self aware because I'm having a VERY hard time with this list.

2 comments:

erindelanty said...

Good list - I'm going to have to re-read in the fresh morning light not through such bleary eyes! But, see, fun, right?! Facebook=fun, not sleep deprivation.

PS - Is it worse that you wrote this post at almost midnight or that I'm reading and commenting on it at 2:47am. We need help.

Kate said...

I too, think you should be a comedian. I agree about Rio. Also can't wear boots (big calves). I really want to know the nickname.

I'll work on my list.