Friday, January 9, 2009

Out of the Mouths of ...

I don't think I share enough with you all how damn funny my kid is lately.

Me (changing his diaper): Okay, we're going to do this and then read books and go night night.

Him: You have GOT to be kidding me.

Me: Um, what?

Him: You ARE kidding me!

Me: (laughing at this new expression that I'd never heard before and wondering where it came from...)

Him (appreciating me laughing): NO PROBLEM! NOOOOO problem.

Me: (lauging even harder because, is he just tossing our terms now?)

Him: (catching on to what's making me laugh): Oh, it's not a BIG deal...

Me: (OMG laughing ... he IS just rolodexing through catchphrases he hears us say)

Him: Mom, it IS a big deal! It IS.

Me: (Yep, and that certainly sounds like one of mine ...)

So, I don't if this translates a funny, but just picture a Yakov Smirnov type character trying out American phrases randomly and inappropriately.

Now picture that coming out of my sweet chubby faced 2 year old, grinning with glee at making tears come out of his momma's eyes.

At this age they so often say stuff, that is just ... so damn funny ... you can't help wanting to share. But then I get busy. About 10 times a day, I wish for a new mobile device that could translate the words from his mouth, to Twitter or blog. Now THAT's a mobile device I REALLY need.

So, Blackberry and iPhone techno geeks ... you want the mommy bloggers to buy? Consider the "instant toddler translator" app.

2 comments:

~ H said...

A - This definitely had me ROFL along with you!

Perhaps next time you could capture it on video and post? Just a thought. That would be superb America's Funniest Home Videos material ...

Me? A Mom? said...

Totally translates. I have had similar conversations - though not as advanced or elaborate - with Lila and I think, "Damn, I want to capture this forever."

I set up a twitter account under Lila's name for the purpose of publishing funny sentences she says but I never use it.

Today she told me she'd "continue to sit" while I went to get her a diaper.