Sunday, May 4, 2008

Differences

It's hard to remember exactly what's different between my pregnancies. But here are a few things I've noticed:

She kicks more and more frequently than Matthew. Foretelling of awful one hour nap, one hour awake pattern?

My ligaments feel much more sore and stretched. Guess hauling a 30 lb struggling toddler and two laptop bags this time around isn't conducive to nurturing my "delicate condition." Unlike last time, when I spent an average of 3 hours a night watching TV being waited on my my husband. Then another 10 hours a night sleeping, going to bed at 8:30 or 9, and waking up at 7:30, regularly.

I am overall, LESS of a lazy bones than I was with Mathew. Despite my fears about being totally overwhelmed with being pregnant, having a kid, moving and working... most days, I am somehow accomplishing more than I do usually.

It's not to be a contender for the SuperMom awards, I assure you. Not my style - I am more of a "yep I give up, I'm not perfect, secret's out. Flip it to Idol, I'm going to get more ice cream" type usually.

It's just out of sheer necessity of having to keep up at work, raise my son, help sell my house, and help purchase a next one. And you know, clean and dress myself. It's taxing as hell and May's going to be intense. But, it's reassuring that when push comes to shove, Momma can get some sh*t done even 5 months pregnant.

Let's hope that momentum continues at least through early third trimester. After that I take no accountability for not being super, or even effective. I will only take accountability for going to work, coming home from work, hugging my son, putting him to bed, driving to doctor appointments. And eating lots and lots of ice cream in my new house filled with rooms of unpacked boxes and hideous paint and wallpaper projecgts left untouched.

No comments: