Tuesday, May 20, 2008

No, That is NOT What's In There?!

Anyone else continue to marvel that newborn babies are actually what is inside there...
Making you fat?
Giving you heartburn?
Making you rage at your husband?
Making you cry in front of your husband?
Making you eat the Taco Bell?
Sometime making you throw up the Taco Bell?
Making you tired and crabby? Swelled? Nervous? Not sleep? Waddle? Struggle with back pain? Do acrobatics with pillows? Stress over doctor appointments? Constantly schedule doctor appointments? Gain 25, 35, 45 lbs?

Seeing four newborns in as many weeks has reminded me that what is in, really does come out. It's not just a belly and a backache. It's not an eggplant, rutabagas or whatever fruit-of-the-week the BabyCenter e-mails describe. There's a baby in thar!

A pink, wrinkly baby that blinks, breathes, eats and poops. That pressure I feel in my rib really is BABY FOOT.

Ok, frankly, you babies are freaking me out. Time for bed, and I'll just ignore the "indigestion" kicking me in the ribs because tonight, you, baby, are blowing mama's mind with how NUTS it is that you're in there, growing into a real working person, in my big old Taco Bell filled tummy.

1 comment:

erindelanty said...

this is sooo true. i am one of those people who have a hard time believing i am sharing my body with another real LIVE being. it's just too foreign or maybe too big for me to wrap my little brain around, but every once in a while right after a new baby is born it does hit you like - wow. that is CUH-RAZY. more so with other people than even myself! :)

can't wait for this baby girl.. 3 more months?! i can hardly wait to meet you babygirl and teach you all about that yummy stuff mommy and i like so much - delicious taco bell-y!