Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The REAL Definition of Trouble

I almost felt my petty whining about traveling woes bite me in the butt, when today I was worried about something more serious - worried that my b.p. was spiking and here I am, X number of states away from home and doctor.

All day I had a headache, which I never have and which docs tell you to watch for. As day wore on, I felt "odd" - kinda puffy, kinda swelled. Just off.

I also felt my sight was a bit blurry, however, that's hard to sort out of the 10 hours hunched over laptop screen.

After debating all day, I decided my course of action would not be calling my doctor, but first, finding a drug store to take my b.p. at one of those free machines. Off to the Rite Aid, which thankfully after 4 tests in a row, confirmed my b.p. is just fine. WHEW.

Tho, it did flip me out when the first reading was high. But next three were normal. Guess it was all the excitement of taking my first public b.p. test that elevated the first?

Anyway, I don't know if I felt better or worse today when my good friend Renae (after I emailed her this was going on today, but before I took b.p. test) said she was worried about me out here by myself. I appreciated the support. But I wanted to say nah, I'm fine.

But really, I'm not answering just for me, I'm answering for little girl too, and so being tough sometimes just feels wrong. Yet being a worry wart does, too. It's such a hard situation to navigate when to call, when to not call.

Anyway - point being, I took a step and feel confident that I am fine and she is fine. But I sure as hizell am glad I'm headed home tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kudos for being proactive and checking your BP Aimee. If it persists I hope you will call your doc ; ) It's going to be a stressful month, after all!