Wednesday, February 4, 2009

100 Posts

The other day I posted my 100th post on this blog. So I feel the time is right for a look back...because I am in love with what started out as my lil baby blog.

It's taken me through finding out I was pregnant, finding out I sadly was no longer pregnant, finding out I was pregnant again, finding out I was pregnant FOR REAL, celebrating my son's 2nd birthday, celebrating my son doing so many amazing things since then, moving my house, moving my baby (remember all the breech baby posts? Rachel you were a good egg after all), having my baby (literally - don't I get a some sort of BlogHer honorable mention for the live feed from the hospital?), maternity leave (BlogHer would deduct points here, I kinda fell off the map), surviving maternity leave, mourning the end of maternity leave, returning to work, enjoying returning to work, and juggling returning to work with all the stuff above.

I neglect it, and I always want to be doing more with it. But I love this thing and love the people - I'm gonna shout out to Cara and Erin here - who inspired me to start.

I finally have a hobby besides one that originally stemmed off one of my husband's interests (aka Fantasy Football, golf, volleyball...)

I connect with so many smart and FUNNY ass women. I learn that we're all flawed and so when I lose it, guess what, MommyWantsWhiskey or whoever else I'm reading, lost it today, too.

And I guess in learning that we're all flawed, I find out really, we'll all just fine. Just all getting through this parenthood stuff in the way that seems best to us (and our spouse) at the time, at that moment.

Even if later on you realize it IS a mistake to give your kid Fruit Loops at 8pm as a bribe for getting on the couch to read books. And he's up until 10pm as a result from the sugar rush ... well, later, you can blog about it ... learn someone else did it too ... or worse! And that everything's gonna be okay once you just get the post out.

Granted I know sometimes the husbands might claim that we're all spending too much time in the cyber world. But I disagree. Women need connections. They need the network. Check out this recent study on how women handle stress differently than men. For us, it's about friendships and connections - it's about this.

Might be hooey, but sure rings true for me. So even though I don't always have time for the blogosphere, I'll keep making it. Even at 11:46 p.m.

Night, ladies.

No comments: