Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Buy Their Stock Now

What is going on with me and my coworkers and Starbucks? Since I went on maternity leave it's become MANDATORY that someone's going on a morning and an afternoon run.

Not only is this expensive, but it takes time away from doing your actual work, so you can finish and leave at night. But yet, we go. We all go.

What sort of liquid crack are they putting in there? I mean, the festive red holiday cups are cute and the coffee tastes good but that cannot be the end of it.

Some ambitious young crack (no pun intended) reporter needs to get inside their operation stat and figure out how they're suckering us all in (God love ya Starbucks, but you're killing my checking account) before I spend another $4.04 on hot water and beans!

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Trying again, first comment too ridden with typos to let it stand...

It's a productivity tool. I takes 15 minutes to make the coffee run, but for the next two hours you work TWICE as fast. So think of it as an INVESTMENT in your career.

That's how I justify it. Oh yeah, and it's also a helpful diet tool: http://strongrhetoric.blogspot.com/2008/11/starbucks-diet.html