Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Grrr

Rememer when I posted recently that my docs laughably want me to stick to 25 lb weight gain?

I've been doing my best, and Mike has too in terms of trying to be supportive. But also, thankfully, he's not riding me. And is the first one to encourage me to enjoy being pregnant, and have treats when I need treats.

So this morning, when complete lack of dog food in the house sent him scurrying to Schnuck's at 6 a.m. ... he was smart enough to come back, treats in hand: creme-filled doughnuts for him. Croissant, AND giant cherry turnover for me.

WW Points be damned, I attacked that croissant in about 20 seconds flat. Intending to save the turnover for tomorrow ... but when croissant was so surprisingly gone, well, so fast ... I indulged and started nibbling away at my second treat.

Then the Boy or the Dogs or Something else distracted me, so I walked about and left it on the counter For maybe, I don't know, one minute.

Can you dog owners see where I'm going with this? Huh, huh, can you?

I came back to find an empty plate and our dog Bogey fervently licking his chops, and the remaining glazed cherry crumbs off the floor.

I guess this is the Cosmos' way of telling me to take care of me and baby, and not to pig out?

I wish the cosmos would shove it.

1 comment:

erindelanty said...

two bogey eating incidents in two days? not cool bogey, not cool. you and brogan need to go to a doggie rehab for people food addiction.