Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Good Appointment, Bad Appointment

Had my second doctor appointment today. Here are the reasons it was good:
1) Heard cute baby heartbeat of 170 BPM - you go, girl (or boy)!
2) Was happy with only 1 lb. weight gain despite the significant eat-a-thon that's been happening here
3) Doctor gave me the "you now are past the risk of miscarriage" green light
4) Doctor very happy I am "growing and doing great so far!!!"

Also she was in her Good Doctor mood today. (Sometimes, with Matthew's pregnancy, Crabby Doctor came instead and those appointments weren't as fun. They were much less smiley, and good jobby, and tended to center more around how I've gained too much weight. Sometimes the words "BMI" and "obese" were used.)

But here are the reasons today was not so good: actually, I can save space, it's really one big reason. THEY LOST MY APPOINTMENT AND SO I WAITED FOR ABOUT ONE AND HALF HOURS.

I was so impatient, I am surprised I didn't jump the counter and strangle the ditzy front desk lady (who I just know never put my appointment into the computer after she wrote out my appointment card last time) with her own phone cord. The whole time I'm sitting there reading this new magazine for women, Pink, all about high-powered careers. Thinking I won't have a medium or low-powered one if I couldn't get the hell outta there and back to my conference call.

Anyway - in life - all things in perspective. Please know I am thrilled with my appointment. Just, you know, not the 3 hours event it took to get me out there, wait and get to work. For the five minutes I spent with Good Doctor.

No comments: