Monday, February 25, 2008

Now It's Time for Child #2 Updates

Since I let you know Matthew's still alive thought I'd share how the littlest Muldrow is doing/feeling.

Baby must be self-regulating a 9 p.m. bedtime cuz right about now every time, I just pass out.

Baby must be a real pig because it seems like I'm eating twice what I used to per meal - and twice as many meals. At this juncture, pretty sure baby's weighing in at a health 8.5 lbs. So THAT'S normal, right?

Baby, thankfully and in all seriousness, have very little chance of having Down's. Doctor convinced us to do this new early screening, which showed about 1 in 7,000ish chance of Down's, and 1 in 6,000ish chance for Trisomy 18, based on combined analysis of baby's neck thickness, and my blood work. This now means I don't have the quad screen at 18 weeks, which is weird because I had that for Matt. I don't know which two of the quad items I'm now missing? Not that I've researched this properly or anything - ah! Anyway, this one has less false positives, so that's how she roped me into it. Like most people, I wasn't intent on testing for things that wouldn't change my mind about having my baby (i.e. Down's).

I swear I feel baby moving, but that is MUCH more likely to be all the aforementioned food digesting. To me, they always felt the same. At least until the late stage soccer kicks started. I probably have 6-7 more weeks before I can really feel that baby. But oh geez, I can't wait.

Baby has decided some mornings I wake up feeling great and other weeks - as if to remind me baby still wears the pants in this relationship - I wake up exhausted, and sick to my stomach. It passes after I eat, and still no barfing; even if that continued all 9 months I'd count myself lucky.

Baby is apparently moody because I am definitely finding lately I can snap, like that. It's so hard to separate what's hormones from stress associated with planning for a bundle of joy ... like moving and financial planning. The bottom-line is this: husbands that don't lock the doors on us during our "low points" should be sainted or knighted, or something.

Last, another doctor appointment tomorrow, and so help me, I just realized they never left me a confirmation message, which means I could be in for another "Oh really? Because we didn't have you down..." escapade again tomorrow. This is NOT pregnancy brain, it's old receptionist lady incompetence! At least I figured it out before I'm in Chesterfield, with conference calls postponed, and anger mounting. Though, I do kinda feel like I could snap right now...

No comments: