Sunday, January 3, 2010

New Year, Funny Kids

Nothing to shake me out of my blogging slumber like some funny, must-be-documented funny kid stuff. Two tonight prompted this real live actual post.

First, I am putting stuff back in Matthew's toy box. His empty and seemingly unused (and very bulky) Matchbox car holder "suitcase" was there. I ask Mike, "Does he really use this?" Mike says no.

Matthew chimes in, "Yes I do! I do use it!" I say, "Really, what do you use it for?" He looks at me like I'm dumb and says, "For cars!" I chuckle and start walking out and then I hear him mutter, "of course."

Second, Rachel is walking around feeding us imaginary food off her plastic spoon and plate. Bite for her, bite for me, toddle to Matthew, bite for him. She was very persistent and made a few rounds to each of us.

Matthew finally looks at me, a little incredulous smile and his famous big eyes, and says, "Wow, she's weally weally serious."

Wish I could remember more. Being off with the kids the last two weeks, I probably have a lot more I should share. I sure have been laughing at them and loving them up a lot this break.

And with this, I'll keep it short, but hopefully kick off a nice, prolific 2010 full of documenting my kids lives again. Because I really have missed doing so and after all, it is resolution time. And I'm not sure I can say "diet" again or not and "exercise" is laughable, so looks like it's blogging or bust.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Woo! Welcome back!