Saturday, May 16, 2009

One Year Olds We Love, Part 1

Given the population explosion that happened in my circle about this time last year - with four darling children born in the month of May - I'm thinking this will be a series.

But we'll start with their senior partner ... Baby Shane. Only the most smiley, charming, handsome baby boy you'll ever meet.


He's always laughing, except lately, when he's yelling for Mom - his number one most awesome and favorite person ever in the world EVER - for better or worse. I'm quite certain many of my readership can relate to that mix of being overwhelmed by their need ... and by the amazing feeling of one little person loving you so much.

What I love about Shane: He likes cuddling and rocking and passes out as he's having his nighttime baba. A true mom's baby. I love cuddlers and don't have one right now. Rachel's kinda hands off at night night time. Sometime I just want to rent Shane out about 7 p.m. when he's sleepy.

What I also love: even though I haven't spent as much one on one time with him as I did with Bridget - the curse of the Seconds - he gives the best greeting and wiggles around and will come to me almost every time.

So endearing and more a sign of what I bet will be a lifelong sunny personality than any special love for me. Even though, I certainly have a very special love for him ... our second little man of the gang ... and as Matthew's Grama would say, a VERY handsome devil.

Happy birthday, Baby Shane. I agree with your mom that you WILL still be Baby Shane when you're 24.

1 comment:

erindelanty said...

awww thanks. that is so sweet. i love that we'll have these to look back on years from now. the kiddos will probably roll their eyes and run when we force them to read and review our blogs, but god, WE'LL LOVE IT!

also, we should do a baby switch! :) let's throw amelia in the mix and just rotate babies so we all have a little one on one time. i know i've been needing that with r, too. when i got to hold her for the end of the party for so long, it was so nice. i feel like i never get that with all the divided attention we have these days when we are all together!