Sunday, October 21, 2007

Oh.My.God.

I took two tests today ...



And I passed. Twice. It's official - we're having number two!

The above was taken a short 24 hours after this one of the same smiley girl below.

Course here, I had no clue. Mike captured me in Pana, IL, where we celebrated our 6th anniversary with a one night trip to Oak Terrace Resort. Where we blissfully played 18 holes of golf, had three glasses of wine/martinis (me and Mike respectively), a giant and peaceful dinner - and never once considered that we had a freeloader on this trip.

Mark and Kim had kindly taken Matthew for the weekend. We had commented on how unaccustomed - and welcome - this brief freedom felt.

So, that's the end of all THAT.

I created this new blog to specifically talk about what I anticipate to be the, er, unique challenges of a second pregnancy while working a full time (heavy full time) job while raising a toddler, attempting to be a wife and dog/dog/cat owner...and maintain just a tiny bit of myself, too.

I thought I'd also use it to chart daily or at least weekly how I'm feeling and what's happening with the pregnancy. So to kick it off:

4 weeks
Physical: Not nauseous, maybe a little tired, starting a cold with a sore throat and some congestion.
Mental: A LITTLE FREAKED OUT.
Notes: I took a three hour nap today. BEFORE I knew. I will be prone to headgames now that I know (aka my snappishness to Mike about why the hell it's so g.d. hot in this house tonight). But that nap was pre-testing. So I'm hoping that was a result of the lack of sleep we got last night from that crazy hotel mattress...and not a sign of the tiredness to come - that bone crushing first trimester tiredness - that I know is coming.

Not that I'm not excited and thrilled, because I am. And I know we're blessed.

No comments: