Saturday, February 7, 2009

Brown Saturday

I was going to title this Black Saturday to match my mood and the general way this day has gone so far. Wrong? Nothing really is wrong. Just too much to do for one weekend, constantly chipping away at a too long Life and Work to do list that seemingly has no end. (And the battle of the Muldrows vs. DMV to title the new car that we've owned since November is not going well).

It's just that feeling that even after a long week, at no point are we entitled to sit here relaxing (or doing this, oops :).

And the double entendre of my theme ... with the lovely St. Louis thaw comes lovely St. Louis mud. On dog paws, in and out of house, all day long. Eight paws times what, 5 trips today at least? Is 40 paw wipings.

Maybe I should put THAT on to do list and cross it off.

3 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

We have a lot of mud around here too..ugh!
-sandy toe

Kate said...

I was just lamenting about the mud today too! Do your dogs like to roll in it? Mine does. It's like she needs a bath each time she comes in. And say no more about the DMV. I can relate.

erindelanty said...

Well, you know how I felt this Saturday. Nuff said, I feel ya sister!