Thursday, November 27, 2008

True Spirit of the Holidays: Online Shopping

I just placed an online PB Kids order I've contemplated for weeks. One item was a slam dunk - needed a fourth matching stocking for baby Rachel. We bought three for us and Matthew last year and I did it because I knew the collection would continue to be around. Rachel and I are both two kinds of whimsical reindeers, to Daddy's skiing Santa and Matthew's train. Clearly fuzzy mammals win out as the cutest (stick with me, baby girl).

After much debate, I also ponied up for the cute monogrammed, coordinating duffle bags. I realize it might be "not necessary" given I could find perfectly functional and probably even cute ones at say, Target. But they wouldn't be as nice quality most likely and they also certainly wouldn't have their cute little names stitched on them. God knows if you put an R or M on anything these days, I'll buy it.

As luck has it one was like 50% off and so that balanced out the other one being a bit pricey and so I feel I've done my job as a cost conscious consumer (and made husband a tad less Christmas crazy).

I realize that "spending money on children's non-mandatory holiday stuff" order shouldn't qualify as holiday spirit. But dammit if I don't feel festive (and happy I can cross one thing off my ever expanding To Do list).

Happy Turkey Day, all!

1 comment:

erindelanty said...

dude no you did not!!! you totally just took away my christmas presents to your kiddos. i am sooo not happy with you right now. i will get over it soon, but now you are in hot water with me missy, and there's no starbucks coffee in that hot water, just a steaming big cup of erin hot water.